[SIPForum-discussion] SIP re Invite - PSTN Suspend

PARTHEEPAN, Gunaratnam Gunaratnam.Partheepan at reach.com
Fri Mar 26 03:10:36 UTC 2010

Hi All

I am Parthy.

I have some problems in internetworking SIP with PSTN.

Normally when B party hangs up the call first in PSTN it sends suspend message. In our case when our NGN Softx received the suspend message from PSTN it sends invite message to the A party to inform that there is a call suspend.

A party is not directly connected with the NGN SoftX, there is a session border controller inbetween.

Is there any facility in SIP Servers or SIP proxies to disable sending the reinvite message back to the caller?

~parthy

Parthy Gunam (GP)
Senior Engineer