[SIPForum-discussion] how to parse DTMF digits in RTP packet using ethereal

seshagiri seshgirik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:23:08 UTC 2010

Dear All

doubt regarding DTMF

In the actual callflow ,  UAC,Proxy server and UAS  are involved.
when the session established ,  the RTP path is between UAS and UAC .

When i observed about DTMF digits , if UAC entered any digits , it is
reaching
UAS through RTP(no involvement of proxy).

My doubt is how these digits are collected by the proxy server to initiate
another call( for call transfer or call conference feature) ?

regards
sesh