[SIPForum-discussion] Flooding in SIP.

Seshagiri Kondaveti seshagiri.kondaveti at aricent.com
Thu Jun 24 13:14:43 UTC 2010

I think in this scenario, UAS responds with 486 Busy with Retry-After header.

Pl correct me if I am wrong.

http://rfc-ref.org/RFC-TEXTS/3261/chapter21.html
486 Busy Here

   The callee's end system was contacted successfully, but the callee is

   currently not willing or able to take additional calls at this end

   system.  The response MAY indicate a better time to call in the

   Retry-After<http://rfc-ref.org/RFC-TEXTS/3261/kw-retry-after.html> header field<http://rfc-ref.org/RFC-TEXTS/3261/kw-header_field.html>.  The user could also be available

   elsewhere, such as through a voice mail service<http://rfc-ref.org/RFC-TEXTS/3261/kw-voice_mail_service.html>.  Status 600 (Busy

   Everywhere) SHOULD be used if the client<http://rfc-ref.org/RFC-TEXTS/3261/kw-client.html> knows that no other end

   system will be able to accept this call.

Regards
Sesh