[SIPForum-discussion] CANCEL with reliable response ...

AMIT ANAND amiit.anand at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 01:01:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

For B it is fine to respond with 200OK for PRACK , as it seems to be a race
condition between PRACK and 487. But this Behavior of A is wrong it should
not send PRACK after sending CANCEL. It does not make any sense to send
PRACK after sending a request to cancel.
Although RFC does not mandates it but it says that UAC should wait for
provisional response to send Cancel. So ideally A should have sent PRACK
first then should Initiate CANCEL.

Cheers
Amit

Thanks