[SIPForum-discussion] CANCEL with reliable response ...

sunilkumar.verma at wipro.com sunilkumar.verma at wipro.com
Thu Jun 3 03:51:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

I don't think there is any direct indication in RFC for this sequence.

As per the below notes from RFC 3261 i think terminating Invite transaction immediately will be the best way out.
I think the side sending the PRACK also must not have sent PRACK, else waited for PRACK transaction to complete, before sending cancel.

" If the UAS has not issued a final response
   for the original request, its behavior depends on the method of the
   original request.  If the original request was an INVITE, the UAS
   SHOULD immediately respond to the INVITE with a 487 (Request
   Terminated).  A CANCEL request has no impact on the processing of
   transactions with any other method defined in this specification."

Regards
Sunil Verma
ESN: 877-5050
Ph: +919731245000