[SIPForum-discussion] 183 Session Progress

Vijay Tiwari vijay11tiwari at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 04:58:46 UTC 2010

Yes, you are right and this will give you better picture of your question.

if invite message have, support header field with 100rel it means. UAC
support provisional response and if UAS support provisional response then
UAS send provisional response with hearder require 100rel. and if UAS do not
support provisional response in that case you to not find require hearder
field in 1xx with 100rel.

Thanks
vijay

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM, SIP Babie <sipbabie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please let me know when the provisional response  "183 Session Progress" is
> been sent as a reply of INVITE.
> Does Outbound Proxy looks for some header in INVITE on the basis of which
> it sends "183 Session Progress" provisional response, like 100rel support in
> INVITE.
>
> Regards
> SIP Babie

They can because they think they can.