[SIPForum-discussion] Voice Quality in SIP

Simha jkc simha.jkc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:59:18 UTC 2010

Dear SARKER ROHAN ,

1. Is voice quality in SIP better than in case of ISUP or BICC??
It is very difficult to answer without knowing the network
topology. (My personal feel is they all three have their own advantages
as well as disadvantages related to Quality of Services).

Few things i can confidently say about these technologies  (while
comparison ) is that:

1. ISUP does carry both call signaling and circuit information for
voice in TDM networks.
2. BICC is designed to carry call signaling for TDM,IP and ATM networks.
3. SIP is designed to carry call signaling (SDP ) on IP networks.

2. How do we do Acceptance Testing for SIP Trunking?  Is there
    any document or Test Plan in this regard?
    General Suggestion : Test Plan should be prepared based on
    customer quality requirement.