[SIPForum-discussion] Port-5060 is Encrypted?

debjit basu debjit.basu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:31:36 UTC 2010

I didn't get the initial question.

SIP is the signaling protocol and recomended port for UDP/TCP/SCTP is 5060
and for TLS it is 5061. It is configurable and other ports also can be used.

For media i.e Audio/ video you need to use RTP. I myself use RTP port from
10000 - 20000 for media. Though I am using only audio in my own setup.

Thanks
Debjit