[SIPForum-discussion] How to handle retransmission of SIP packets

vinoth.natarajan at wipro.com vinoth.natarajan at wipro.com
Fri Feb 26 16:55:00 UTC 2010

Ideally, you are not going to process the second one! When your serve
has identified this is a re-transmitted or a duplicate packet (using
Cseq.. or any other means) the response for the first processed message
will be sent out and the second message is discarded.
In fact what I think is the server CANNOT not respond twice because even
though they are two messages it's a single request and even the client
is expecting a single response from the server.

Regards,
Vinoth N