[SIPForum-discussion] Cisco 7941 on ACME SBC

Chet Curry CCurry at telovations.com
Wed Dec 29 22:52:33 UTC 2010

I have been running cisco 7941 sip phones on our broadworks network for the last 4 years.  I have seen some bugs with these phones yet have always been able to overcome the issues.  Most of the time it was due to firmware bugs.
We have just migrated from Covergence SBC's to ACME SBC's.  We are experiencing an issue were the 7941 will not transfer or hold properly.  Yet when moved back to our convergence sbc's will work fine.

In all failure cases the phone will not send a new invite out when hold or transfer is selected.  We have tried 8-2-2 and 8-5-2S firmware with no fix.

I have tried to duplicate this in my lab with no failures.  Same firmware on ALG router, cisco phone, same subnet.

1st has anyone tried running cisco 7941 phones in a broadworks network?
2nd has anyone witnessed hold and transfer issues like this on cisco 7941 phones using sip in a broadworks network?

[cid:image001.png at 01CBA781.2B4FF030]