[SIPForum-discussion] UUI for PBX to SIP

Michael Reynolds mreynol5 at mkrpro.com
Wed Dec 22 00:55:01 UTC 2010

Alfred,

I am probably misunderstanding your question but allow me to take a shot at
an answer.  I use the SIP header information for many different items.  I
pull the information into an array (note that some fields are already arrays
themselves so you would pull the total array in).  If I am employing Web
Services (my favorite method of inter-system communication) I will pull the
header values and stuff them into a "JSON" string which is passed to the web
server.  The web server builds an XML form with child nodes for each piece
of information that I need.  OK that was a long way to the point which is:

Once I have the information in either an array or an XML form, I can move
fields around.  For example, I could take the value in the UUI field and
stuff it into the CustHeader field.  I can grab data from any other source
and stuff it where ever it needs to be and even reconstruct a new SIP
header.  I am not an Avaya person so I do not know exactly how the data
arrives but the SIP specification is pretty rigid.  I am a "dot net"
programmer specializing in ASP, LINQ, MVC, SQL and several other flavors.
My IVR programming is in VXML which is completely platform independent.  Let
me know if I can be of more specific assistance or if my answer is "all wet"
. never mind.

Michael Reynolds

CrystalVoice, LLC

Tel: 772-539-9034