[SIPForum-discussion] tool for finding Source packet drops

murali shankar murali.elangovan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:56:50 UTC 2010

Dear All,

    We are using Nextone as our SBC server and the customer were connected
Via MPLS  network.For one of our customer we are observing Packet loss on
the Origination side (i.e) Source packet loss while checking our SBC cdr
log.We have checked the connectivity from the PE to CER , voip gateway and
 we couldn't able to observe any packet loss.Is there any toll or method for
troubleshooting this issue.The customer is dialing for 3 destination
[US,UK,Australia].Please find the customer Local connectivity below:

*Customer LAN*:

CER(Customer end router) -->VoIP Gateway[Asterix] --> switch[Managable] -->
UAC [Softphone -Xlite]

*Our Findings :*

**1.No bandwidth choking.
2.No Link Fluctuation.
3.The packet loss is more only for particular destination[AUS] .
4.There is No issue in I/B calls happening Via same VoIP Gateway & Switch.
5.Customer is using the codecs G.729A,G.711U,G.711A.

Please suggest on this.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Murali Shankar.E