[SIPForum-discussion] [SIP-Forum discussion] Support of # into Request-Uri

Federico piesio fede.legge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:36:42 UTC 2010

Dear members,
I have one doubt regarding use of digit # into R-Uri. The vendor of Class4
softswitch is saying that RFC 3261 specifies that # is not supported as a
digit in a sip uri or tel uri, so their implementation is that softswitch
receives a R-Uri containing # and changes digit "#" with extradecadic "C"
when sending ahead the INVITE.

Does anyone know about this limitation in SIP? I'm really not sure of what
vendor states about. I didn't find anything about in 3261 or 2806.

Thank you
Regards
Federico