[SIPForum-discussion] SIP API question

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Aug 31 22:23:27 UTC 2010

On 08/31/2010 10:22 AM, Amir Peivandi wrote:

> I hope this is the right forum for my question, if it's not accept
> my apologies for the pollution.
>
> I'm new to this world and have a simple requirements I want to build. I
> can do this in Java (my preferred environment) or C/C++. Here is what I
> want to do:
> - I have a calendar that stores calling information
> - I want the application to wake up 5 minutes to the saved events in the
> calendar and call a conference number stored as part of the event and
> sign in (possible meeting id and passcode should be entered DTMF)
> - After connecting to the conference the application should conference
> in one or more parties by calling their assigned numbers (again saved as
> part of the event data)
> - When all parties hung the line is freed and system waits for next event
>
> I'll like to know what API/platform would you guys recommend for this
> and if anyone has done something similar. Any help is appreciated.

This can be done with Asterisk 1.6.2.x and the included res_calendar
module for access to the calendar. There may even be an example of doing
this exact set of operations in the documentation, because the developer
of res_calendar used it this way to test it during development... but if
not, ask on the asterisk-users mailing list on lists.digium.com about it.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com