[SIPForum-discussion] Cseq value for bye

Prakash Ganesan vgprakashin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 12:53:01 UTC 2010

Hi,
If Cseq is the first transaction from the terminating side then it can have
any value say 1 or 2 or even 100, so the Cseq value of the first transaction
can have any value but the subsequent transaction from the same side
(terminating side) if any will have the value incremented.

Regards
Prakash

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM, ashish khowal <aashishkhowal at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to know the importance of cseq and rseq in sip.Like what should be
> the value of cseq when a dialog has been establish and  we want to send a
> Bye from Terminaing party, should it contain Cseq 1 for Bye or Cseq 2 for
> Bye.
>
> regards
> ashish

Cheers