[SIPForum-discussion] outgoing phone number

Barry Weiss guitar.zen2006 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 18:05:11 UTC 2010

In my experience, some carriers will accept a Toll Free number (TFN) as the
calling party number (CGPN) which the call will complete. However, other
carriers like AT&T for example will not route your traffic if you have a TFN
as the CGPN. In most instances, some sort of valid billing number needs to
be provided from field. Although the Remote Caller-ID field in your SIP
messaging can have the the TFN, there has to be some sort of 10 ANI that
is billable in the From field of the invite.