[SIPForum-discussion] problem with sip messageing

Nitin Kapoor nitinkapoorr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 19:11:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

Here i have doubt as bob said it should be a same. Because as far as i know
if any ACK have the same  via branch then it might be  incorrect for Acking
an INVITE 2xx response.

But at the same time this might be correct when acking non-2xx(with
different via branch id); but it is not correct when acking a 2xx. It needs
a new transaction ID per the magic cookie rules; thus need new via branch.

It is one of the infamous gotchas within rfc3261.

Now i might be wrong too, but still would need clarification on this from
others so that we can clear the things.

Thanks,
Nitin Kapoor