[SIPForum-discussion] Proper RFC 3264 Hold Behavior in SDP

Matt Vlasach matt.vlasach at pacificswell.com
Thu Sep 3 17:42:24 UTC 2009

James,

Hope you are doing well!

I just wanted to let you know that this issue was resolved!

The problem was not replicable when using a Sonus switch (thank you
for being RFC compliant!!) but only occurred when using some specific
switches in the bandwidth.com cloud.

The issue was fixed with a patch on the inGate SIParator which "took
care of" the interoperability with the conflicting RFC standards.  I'm
not sure if the patch has yet been publicly released, but it
absolutely does the trick.

Once again thank you very much for your insight and assistance with
this problem!

Best,

Matt Vlasach
Pacific Swell Networks, Inc.
Innovating IP Telephony and Unified Communications Solutions
http://pacificswell.com

email | matt.vlasach at pacificswell.com
tel | 310.598.3017
contacts |  http://mattvlasach.tel

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential, privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose any information
contained in the message. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.