[SIPForum-discussion] IP Address not recognized by Nokia and Registration failurd

shaikh. bashaa shaikh.bashaa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 09:22:09 UTC 2009

Dear All,

Good Morning all of you,

I have configured my Nokia N95 8gb sip enabled phone with a voip service
provider to use internet telephony. When I entered the voip provider's
Domain / Host Name under proxy / Registrar address, it is accepting and the
phone is registered and ready to be used for internet telephony.

But when I entered the IP Address of voip provider under Proxy/Registrar tab
instead of Domain/Hostname on the phone, it is not registering and showing a
message "Registration failed".

Why the phone is not registering with the IP address of the provider? Is
there any reason or any other way to be entered.

You are all requested to clarify and resolve this problem. Quick response in
this regard would be very much appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
Regards, shaikh.bashaa