[SIPForum-discussion] Carrying additional information in a SIP message.

Ayyanar PK pkayyanar at in.com
Wed Oct 14 12:05:41 UTC 2009

Hi all,I havea requirement like,an IP address and a port number is got from an external application which has to be carried in a SIP message to another gateway. This additional information like IP and port is used by another application on the remote gateway side to establish a TCP connection to the gateway which initiated the SIP Call.Now my question is1. Is it possible to carry any additional information in a SIP message.2. If so which appropriate SIP message can be used.3. How can I differentiate between a normal SIP Call(voice call) and this Call which carries additional information.The constraint is the gateway which initiated the SIP Call, should also disconnect the call, on dissconect the remote gateway which established a TCP connection will disconnect the TCP connection too. Example:Remote Gateway 1Remote Gateway2  INVITE (SIP Message)> To Additional Info: IP and port