[SIPForum-discussion] Is SDP body is required for Refresh Invites.........?

Govindraj.B.H @ Gkk govindraj_h at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 25 06:35:10 UTC 2009

Hi,
      As per my knowledge, the main intention of Session Refresh Requests is to inform the intermidiate elements about the session aliveness. Which can be served by normal Invite. Why do we need to send the session body along with all the session refresh Invite requests there by increasing the traffic density.

    There is a parameter which differentiate the "Re-Invites" with the "session refresh Invite" request i.e "Session-Version". ( SV increments for each Re-Invite but remains constant for all the session refresh requests ).

   Is there any other reason behind sending the body in Session Refresh Invites.........?

  [ If it is the only reason ( Session-Version ) to differentiate the Re-invites with the Refresh Invites, then there is no point in sending the Body params along with the session refresh Invites. Still we can differentiate both the requests. Invite with "Content-Length = 0" is a Refresh Invite and "C-T = Non-zero" is an Re-Invite. So with this implementation we can reduce the traffic overhead. ]

All, plz provide me your inputs/suggestions for the above discussion.