[SIPForum-discussion] SDP in 180 Ringing & 200 OK

Bob Penfield BPenfield at acmepacket.com
Wed May 20 22:58:20 UTC 2009

There may be an answer in both the 180 and 200 OK, but they must be the same.

>From RFC 3261 section 13.2.1

      o  If the initial offer is in an INVITE, the answer MUST be in a
         reliable non-failure message from UAS back to UAC which is
         correlated to that INVITE.  For this specification, that is
         only the final 2xx response to that INVITE.  That same exact
         answer MAY also be placed in any provisional responses sent
         prior to the answer.  The UAC MUST treat the first session
         description it receives as the answer, and MUST ignore any
         session descriptions in subsequent responses to the initial
         INVITE.

cheers,
(-:bob