[SIPForum-discussion] Passing several 2xx responses to server transaction

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:23:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

That means that in case of any non-INVITE request proxy
is responsible for filtering incoming responses and choosing
the best one.
As to INVITE requests there can be many responses due to
request forking. Every such request could potentially
create a separate dialog and session.
Generally in this case proxy as well creates and chooses the best
response but with the exception of 1xx and 2xx which should be forwarded
immediately upstream to UAC.

Kind regards,
- Tomasz Zieleniewski