[SIPForum-discussion] Domain IP is same in TO & FROM header field.

Stewart Bunce Stewart.Bunce at telsis.com
Tue Jun 23 16:37:44 UTC 2009

A B2BUA basically terminates and then re-originates signalling information. In this case it appears to be using its own IP address as the originating IP addess in the FROM field. I believe this is perfectly valid behaviour as, technically, it is originating a new SIP call. This can actually be desirable behaviour as it can be used for hiding network topology from end users. In this case you would also expect to see  Record-Route, Route and Via headers stripped before sending the INVITE onwards. Of course in order for this to work the B2BUA has to have some internal mechanism for mapping between the inbound and outbound call legs.

Just out of interest what B2BUA are you using and what is it designed to do?

Stew

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org]On Behalf Of nitin kapoor
Sent: 23 June 2009 00:30
To: discussion
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Domain IP is same in TO & FROM header field.

Hello Friends,

I am facing the problem where i can see that when my UAC is sending the initial invite to my server(B2BUA), TO & FROM header field is correct but when my B2BUA is forwarding the same invite to next hop(termination end) then TO & FROM header field domain ip/name is different. I am not sure it is possible or not.  

TO & FROM in the intial invite.
From: <sip:6782617979 at 72.46.253.61:5060>;tag=ea1a59c8-3dfd2e48-13c4-5506-22ae0b-3e082bb5-22ae0b
To: <sip:20805215519112887 at 69.42.101.140:5060>

TO & FROM when B2BUA is forwarding the same request to termination end.

To: <sip:20805215519112887 at 69.42.101.140:5060>
From: <sip:6782617979 at 69.42.101.140>;tag=3454088168-182424

And if it is possible then on which scenario its is possible??

Please help me to understand the issue.

I have attached the ethereal traces with the mail.

Thanks,
Nitin Kapoor

NOTICE & DISCLAIMER 
This email including attachments (this "Document") is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.  If you have received this Document in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this Document from your system without using, copying, disclosing or disseminating it or placing any reliance upon its contents.  We cannot accept liability for any breaches of confidence arising through use of this Document.

The information contained in this Document is provided solely for information purposes on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of satisfactory or merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from error or infringement.  The user relies on the information contained herein, and its accuracy or otherwise, entirely at their own risk.

Any opinions expressed in this Document are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Telsis.  We will not accept responsibility for any commitments made by our employees outside the scope of our business.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20090623/2b2f1f7e/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list