[SIPForum-discussion] Domain IP is same in TO & FROM header field.

Stewart Bunce Stewart.Bunce at telsis.com
Tue Jun 23 16:37:44 UTC 2009

A B2BUA basically terminates and then re-originates signalling information. In this case it appears to be using its own IP address as the originating IP addess in the FROM field. I believe this is perfectly valid behaviour as, technically, it is originating a new SIP call. This can actually be desirable behaviour as it can be used for hiding network topology from end users. In this case you would also expect to see  Record-Route, Route and Via headers stripped before sending the INVITE onwards. Of course in order for this to work the B2BUA has to have some internal mechanism for mapping between the inbound and outbound call legs.

Just out of interest what B2BUA are you using and what is it designed to do?

Stew