[SIPForum-discussion] The process sequence

Mark R Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Thu Jun 18 20:18:46 UTC 2009

Most devices that send both 180 and 183 for one transaction send them
in that order: first 180, then 183. There's no temporal coupling
between 180 and 183: they can occur in either order. (AFAIK.)

But beware if you use 183 with SDP, then start streaming RTP to the
calling endpoint, and then send a 180 to the UAC, you may get odd
results (such as overlapped ringback).