[SIPForum-discussion] Valid SIP username

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:06:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

Assuming that You mean a user part in the SIP URI, from RFC 3261 it can be
any string containing
alpha numeric characters plus special ones:

there can be also the password element attached at the end prefixed with ":"
for instance some_user_name:password.

You can find more detailts in Augmented BNF for SIP from RFC3261.

Kind regards,
- Tomasz Zieleniewski