[SIPForum-discussion] From URI unknown and Empty

Zuñiga, Guillermo Guillermo.Zuniga at cwpanama.com
Thu Jun 11 18:34:39 UTC 2009

HI Fellows,

I have the following issue with some calls that I have from SIP Carrier to the PSTN Switch.

The call are been dropped by the Switch PSTN, cuse when my Softswich map the INVITE info toward the SS7 IAM

The Calling Address Information is empty, cause the INVITE haven't FROM URI information or is Unknown.

I have a ACME Packet SBC and I make some field the value from with a value that I want, a make this configuration and

the calls are completed fine.

The other case is when the calls haven't information in the FROM URI, I would like is someone can help me with seeting a

Regular expression  when this FROM URI is empty.

Case 1:

From: "nap-gw1"<sip:unknown at 172.28.38.100:5060>;

For this case I set this in my ACME SBC and It is working.

                element-rule

                        name                           UserUnknown

                        parameter-name                 From

                        type                           uri-user

                        action                         replace

                        match-val-type                 any

                        comparison-type                case-sensitive

                        match-value                    unknown

                        new-value                      1111

Case 2:

I would like to know if someone has had a case like this(when the FROM URI is Empty) and can help me, I appreciate a lot.

From: <sip:172.28.38.100:5060>;

Regards

Guillermo

La información contenida en este correo electrónico es confidencial y puede también ser objeto de acciones legales. Es dirigida únicamente para el o los destinatario(s) nombrados anteriormente. Si no es mencionado como destinatario, no debe leer, copiar, revelar, reenviar o utilizar la información contenida en este mensaje.  Si ha recibido este correo electrónico por error, por favor notifique al remitente por correo, y proceda borrar el mensaje y archivos adjuntos sin conservar copias.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege.  It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.