[SIPForum-discussion] Clarification regarding the presence of angle brackets for SIP URI in From/To/Contact Header

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:23:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

If SIP URI contains a comma or semicolon (so when it contains some
parameters) then
the "name-addr" form of the Header must be used. The "name-addr" form is the
one which
contains "<,>" characters.
So in other words the RAQUOT (">") and LAQUOT ("<") from RFC3261
are needed in order to distinguish the SIP URI parameters from header
parameters.

Kind regards,
- Tomasz Zieleniewski