[SIPForum-discussion] REGISTER and SUBSCRIBE

prakash k prakash_12305 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jun 6 04:12:25 UTC 2009

Hi 

I have question with the following scenario:

lets say i would REGISTER an endpoint1(1000) with an Registar (application server) and contact gets updated.
      the endpoint1 sends subcription for events and gets 200OK
      after some time i would like to force shutdown the endpoint1 during which endpoint send REGISTER with contact * and expires with 0
      application server sends 200OK and contact infromation gets removed.but the subscription is not canceled/endpoint fails to send a SUBSCRIBE message for unsubscribing,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      i would REGISTER another endpoint2 to same number 1000 with different IP address(1000 at yyyy)
      for which endpoint2 gets 200OK
      INVITE comes from external party to application server for the contact 1000
      application server sends NOTIFY for events to 1000 at xxxx for which the destination is unreachable.(3pcc answer method)
      call gets failed

REGISTER ----->SIPS(application server) with contact (1000 at xxxx) and expires =3600
      <------  200OK
      SUBSCRIBE ----> subscribtion for events
      <-------- 200OK 
      after some time
      REGISTER ----->SIPS(application server) with contact (*) and expires =0
      <------  200OK
      REGISTER ----->SIPS(application server) with contact (1000 at yyyy) and expires =3600
      <------  200OK
      INVITE to 1000 from external party to application server
      application server sends NOTIFY for events to 1000 at xxxx for which the destination is unreachable.(3pcc answer method)
      for which the call gets failed

Is the application server should cancel the subscription once it receives REGISTER with contact as * ?(network initiated UN subscription)

Regards
Prakash k

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/citygroups/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20090606/aa6f3e8c/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list