[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Programming guide

Gonzalo Gasca Meza (gogasca) gogasca at cisco.com
Tue Jun 2 08:44:03 UTC 2009

Hi all,

This is a basic question for you perhaps,

but Im interested in started programming SIP, i dont have previous
experience, but want more guidance about which public SIP stack to use,
which application I can develop which help me better to understand
(softphone, sip trunk, sip emulator, etc)
my main goal is to become more familiar with RFC 3261 implementation and
other SIP RFCs.

Have read SIP demystified and other SIP books, im also familiar with the
protocol (cisco SIp solution) but want to go more deeply, so I can
master SIP
I have checked the 39peers SIP stack and other SIP resources like
columbia SIP site, but really need any guidance in how to start
programming and master SIP

Thanks for all your help

Gonzalo