[SIPForum-discussion] UAC - INVITE Transaction Timeout Timer

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:50:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

Timer B is only relevant while transaction is in the initial "calling"
state.
It is used both for reliable and unreliable transports.
When transaction moves to "proceeding" state as it receives
a provisional response, it is completely up to UAC what to do then.
You can compare it to the situation when You call someone
and You hear never ending ringing in the phone.
Probably You will eventually give up and hang up.
The same thing happens here, UAC hang up by sending
a CANCEL which cancels the transaction.

Kind regards,
- Tomasz Zieleniewski