[SIPForum-discussion] Question About media attribute within SDP

Venkata Ramesh B bvrameshbv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 03:08:29 UTC 2009

Hello Rashid Shakil,

1.      1.  What “a=rtpmap:19 *CN*/8000” represent in this SDP
 The CN's static payload type is 13. Check if you can configure the CISCO
box to use 13 for CN. I guess that the SIP peer will accept it.

2.       2. How can it be removed

Yo  You may have to check the CISCO box.

3.       3. Is it possible that it cause fax failures ?

It     It is possible. But, it depends on the implementation. Some
implementation may ignore this CN and proceed with the call. Some
implementation may decide to release the call.
Best Regards,
Ramesh.