[SIPForum-discussion] Bad header messages!!!!

ashok.pitambar at wipro.com ashok.pitambar at wipro.com
Mon Jul 20 16:13:08 UTC 2009

Hi Dasu ,

The reason for getting this response message is "This response indicates
that the request was not understood by the server. An example might be a
request that is missing required header fields such as To,From, Call-ID,
or CSeq. This response is also used if a UAS receives multiple INVITE
requests (not retransmissions) for the same Call-ID".

By default , the chosen sip signaling port is 5060 , some server are
provided with flexibility of configuring the port.Anyhow this port
number you can easily find out in request uri of the client INVITE
method.Try to use wireshark tool to enable the traces on this port.

Regards,   Ashok