[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Registration timeout

Dilip Kumar dondilip at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 17:33:34 UTC 2009

Hi Arvind,

The registration request is sent to the UAS to identify UAC as part of the
registered user in the SIP registrar server..It has timer inbuilt within and
starts the counter after initial registration..It depends upon the UA client
what is the expiry counter set..During the call setup, the UA client has to
be registered with UAS to establish the call, if the client is not
registered you will get 403 forbidden. It wont disconnect the call already
been setup while the UAC was registered.

With Regards,
D. Dilip Kumar