[SIPForum-discussion] What's the info contained in the SDP?

devibalas sdevibala msg4devibala at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:01:15 UTC 2009

Hi Mike,
   As far as ur call is concerned the SDP info can either be carried in 180
ringing or in 200OK. The SIP server will send back the SDP info of the
called party(B) to the calling party(A). The server either has this info
stored(Purely IP) or if the called party  is connected to a CODEC/GW then it
uses MEGACO protocol to create a session get the SDP info & passes it on to
the calling Side.

Rgds,
DBS