[SIPForum-discussion] no 180 and 183 message

Maulik Shah (maushah) maushah at cisco.com
Mon Jul 13 19:25:38 UTC 2009

Do not think its wrong behavior that the proxy did not sent back the 18x
messages - those are provisional messages to indicate status of the call
has moved to alerting or ringing and are optional on a SIP call. If the
proxy wants to auto connect (like an IVR) - then its perfectly fine to
send back a 200 OK without a 18x - note the calling party may hear dead
air till the 200 OK is received.

Thanks
Maulik