[SIPForum-discussion] Need Info - UAC behavior

Roni Even ron.even.tlv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:27:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

SDP does not specify the allowed value for this parameter but says that for
RTP/AVT this is the payload type number. Now if you will have the value of
12345 in the offer, once you receive the RTP stream you will not know what
codec it is since the PT field in the RTP header is 7 bits for example take
the following off and have the answer accept both. Now when you get the
actual stream you cannot know which one it is since you cannot map the
payload type umber

m=audio 6000 RTP/AVP 12345 45321

 a=rtpmap:12345 PCMA/8000

a=rtpmap:45321 PCMU/8000