[SIPForum-discussion] Best SIP stack for development

Andre Torres torres.andre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 11:54:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

I take advantage of Taruns's inquiry to ask another stack related question:

When implementing SIP, how important is to support TCP?
Is UDP enough?

The RFC3261 says that both must be implemented and TCP may be used for
frames bigger than 1300 bytes.

Are the solutions available following strictly the RFC?

What about supporting only TCP?

Thanks,

Andre Torres
Electronics Engineer