[SIPForum-discussion] Need Info - UAC behavior

Stewart Bunce Stewart.Bunce at telsis.com
Thu Jan 22 09:38:33 UTC 2009

I assume you mean your phone is sending an ACK followed by a BYE (rather than a 200 OK). This will be because the 200 OK from sipp does not contain a codec on the m= line that your phone recognises. The rtpmap line does describe a valid codec but for payload type 8 NOT the payload type 12345 that has been specfied on the m= line.

I this situation the phone MUST send an ACK as it has received a final response, but as it has detected an error with the media setup it then terminates the call immediately.

Stew