[SIPForum-discussion] Need Info - UAC behavior

Arnab Biswas arnabbiswas1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:35:49 UTC 2009

Yes..this is a valid behavior. Because the initial offer was there in the
INVITE. The answer (inavlid) answer came in the 200 OK. After the 200 Ok,
your phone can't send any error response. It has to send ACK to acknowledge
the 200 Ok. But also it can't accept the offer. That is why it is sending an
immediate BYE to drop the call.

If you do the same thing in the reverse way, i.e. SIPp sends an invalid
INVITE to the SIP phone, the phone should send 488 Not Acceptable. You may
test it.

Thanks,
Arnab