[SIPForum-discussion] Call transfer

nabam serbang nabamserbang at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 07:48:55 UTC 2009

     A        B2BUA          B               C

               dlg1 (A-B call)
 1) <--------------------->

      Hold dlg A-B (When C preses tranfer, it generates soft hold to A)
 2) <----------------------

                    B --> C ( B establishes call with C) dlg2
 3)            <------------
                 -------------------------->

             REFER (to C from B as B has initiated transfer to C)
              Refer-to:c@<c-address>?Replaces=dlg2
 4)<---------------------

     INVITE sip:c@<c-address>
     Replaces:dlg2
 5) ---------->-------------------------->
         200 OK
    <---------------------------------------

      NOTIFY (for transfer)

         BYE (to B) dlg1

                    BYE (to C) dlg2

Steps 4 and 5 in above call flow should solve your problem. dlgx is one complete call setup steps i.e. from INVITE to ACK.

 Thanks and regards
 Nabam, Avaya
 Home page: http://sites.google.com/site/nabamserbang/