[SIPForum-discussion] Dynamic Payload

Leks™ rajasekhar.l at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 09:35:42 UTC 2009

Hi,
SDP Carries information related to the media.
Codec type is one among that information. For each codec there is one
payload type.
For some codecs there are static payload type numbers are definced for some
codecs the users can negotiate with any codec number and application can map
that codec number with that codec.
Refer RFC 3551 For list of payload types and some useful info related to
media params.

-Raaz