[SIPForum-discussion] c line in sdp

erol turac erolturac at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:49:30 UTC 2009

Hi All,

according to rfc 4566,

A session description MUST contain either at least one "c=" field in
   each media description or a single "c=" field at the session level.
and c line in media-level override the session-level settings for the
respective media.

here, i wonder if there is any rule such as  1 c= line per m= line?

in my case, there are 2 c= lines in sdp, 1 at session-level (private IP) and
1 at media-level (public IP)
here the Proxy removes c line in media level when it relays 200 OK to
ingress side, so i face up 1 way rtp issue because of private media IP.

I think, there should be 2 option for proxy, first one : not modify sdp and
second one is : ignore c line at session-level

any advice?

Thanx
--
Erol Turaç