[SIPForum-discussion] Port-5060 is Encrypted?

RajeshKumar B rajeshkumarbin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 18:08:52 UTC 2009

Hello Raja

Nice to see you in forum.

How are you....

How is life and Job.

Port 5060 is used for SIP signalling channel.

SIP is like a signalling protocol, it can support voice and video together
also. I have not used SIP for video yet, instead SSCP protocol is used for
Video conferencing solution.

Take care
Rajesh

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Rajasekar Dhanasekar <
rajasekar.dhanasekar at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> Good afternoon to one and all.
>
> I have doubt regarding the ports which used in SIP.
>
> 1. Port 5060 is encrypted?
> 2. SIP is only used for voice service or can we send multimedia?
>

> Regards,
> Rajasekar.D

Best Regards
RajeshKumar B
Asst-Manager NGN Networks
Consultant (NGN & FTTH) - Ministry of Communication,Kuwait
Email : b.rajesh at knetco.com.kw
Mobile : 00965-97278781