[SIPForum-discussion] NAT pinhole refreshes

Gunnar Hellstrom gunnar.hellstrom at omnitor.se
Tue Aug 4 07:58:22 UTC 2009

There is an IETF draft about the need to keep RTP streams alive.
-----

Title : Application Mechanism for maintaining alive the Network Address
Translator (NAT) mappings associated to RTP flows.

Author(s) : X. Marjou, A. Sollaud

Filename : draft-ietf-avt-app-rtp-keepalive-06.txt

Pages : 10

Date : 2009-06-23

This document lists the different mechanisms that enable applications using
Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) to maintain their RTP Network Address
Translator (NAT) mappings alive. It also makes a recommendation for a
preferred mechanism. This document is not applicable to Interactive
Connectivity Establishment (ICE) agents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-app-rtp-keepalive-06.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-app-rtp-keepalive-06.txt

For SIP, I think you should look in RFC 3429 - STUN, and in the ICE draft.

Gunnar

  _____