[SIPForum-discussion] need help from people who know all the rules by heart

nitin kapoor nitinkapoorr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 14:09:59 UTC 2009

Hello Michael,

Black hole can be possible in some case(eg: where you are going to put your
call on hold).

Especially on those cases, where first party is sending you OFFER contains
an audio stream, but the answer from the other contains the connection
address 0.0.0.0 and a random port number, which means that first party
cannot send media to second party (the media  stream is "black holed" or
"bh").  In the second exchange, second party changes the connection address,
and the first party can accepts, and a media session is established.

Can you please send the ethereal traces so that we can check.

Thanks,

Nitin Kapoor