[SIPForum-discussion] need help from people who know all the rules by heart

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:03:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

If UAC receives a Re-INVITE request it should send any final response to UAS.
In case when it doesn't there is a timeout at UAS side for this
Re-INVITE transaction fired by B timer.
In such case UAS should terminate the dialog by sending BYE request to UAC.
Generally sending BYE request by UAC is allowed because UA may
initiate a regular transaction
while an INVITE transaction is in progress. But if in this case
sending BYE is any way related to
receiving of the Re-INVITE request then it is wrong.

Regards
- Tomasz Zieleniewski