[SIPForum-discussion] Help needed with SIP routing decision

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:42:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

This is correct SIP behaviour but it is not compliant with the RFC3261
this acts as specified in RFC 2543. It is called strict routing instead
of loose routing defined in RFC3261.
When UA sends request and route set is not empty and its first URI does
not contain the lr parameter, UA places the first URI from the route set
into the Request-URI.
Because in the ACK there is no lr this is an information to the proxy
that request URI
should contain it's SIP URI and that the next hop is pointed in the
Route header.

Kind regards
- Tomasz Zieleniewski