[SIPForum-discussion] Possible Spam : Re: 183 Session Progress without SDP

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 09:26:37 UTC 2009

Yes, I agree that this all is not very clear.
100 Trying is sent on the hop-by-hop basis 183 Session Progress
is sent end-to-end so one can imagine that, when UAC doesn't
support the 100rel extension, sending 183 Session Progress will
give higher probability that the transaction along the sip path
will move to Proceeding state. Anway I also think it shouldn't be done
this way.

- Tomasz