[SIPForum-discussion] 183 Session Progress without SDP

Vivek Batra Vivek.Batra at matrixtelesol.com
Fri Apr 10 06:32:51 UTC 2009

Manish,
Although multiple provisional responses are allowed, 183 Session Progress is
used to connect early media. How this will be achieved without having SDP in
183 Session Progress? So, no use to send 183 Session Progress without SDP.
Application can be understood when 180 Ringing (w/o SDP) is sent followed by
183 Session Progress (with SDP). But, I don't see the real application of
sending 183 Session Progress (w/o SDP) followed by 183 Session Progress
(with SDP), except might be allowed by standard.

Best Regards,
Vivek Batra

  _____